Are you not able to send or receive or may be send and not receive or you are able to send and not able to receive your emails using iphone, android, outlook or any client mail application? Are you receiving the following errros:
“rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying”
Cannot Send Mail. A copy has been placed in your outbox.
We have the answers for you here…
The following will help you setup your mail client configurations properly.
The first step is to have the right configurations for your email from either cPanel mail, Gmail, Hotmail etc. The typical settings will look like this:
- Username: Your email address
- Password: Your email account’s password
- Incoming Server: mail.[your domain name]
- Incoming Ports: IMAP — 143 and POP — 110
- Outgoing Server: mail.[your domain name]
- SMTP (Outgoing) Port: 25 (587 or 80 might also work)
Note: All email addresses share the same pool of 500 SMTP relays (outbound messages) per hour.
Why I am Not Able to Send Or Receive Email?
Please check your INCOMING MAILSERVER (IMAP) and OUTGOING MAILSERVER (SMTP) Settings.
Problem with Receiving Emails?
Please make sure that you have inserted the correct Username and Password along with the correct Incoming Mailserver (IMAP) configurations and tap done.
Problem with Sending Emails?
There is an additional step that must be used while configuring Outgoing Mailserver settings. The usual error will look like this:
If you see the above error while trying to send email on your cell phone.
If you try to send an email from your iPhone on iOS 8, or an earlier iOS for that matter, and get an error message that says “A copy has been placed in your outbox. The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying,” chances are you need to check your outgoing mail server settings.
Then please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar and tap on your email account.
- Tap on “Account,” then go down to the “Outgoing Mail Server” section and tap on “SMTP.”
- Tap on your Primary Server.
- Even though it says “Optional,” fill out both user name and password under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Tap “Done” in the top right to save your changes.
Let it verify and it will fix the outgoing email issue.